Always a blast being the guest on Catholic Answers Live. This time the topic was “Are You Saved?” Some good questions and a fun show. Enjoy!
I got asked the first question by the host Cy Kellett. He asked me, “Are you saved, Steve?” I answered. Then I briefly explained my view as a Baptist and what has changed.
Here are the questions I answered…
- 05:11 – In Matthew 7:21-23, Jesus talks about being saved and doing the will of his father in heaven. What does the will of the father mean in relation to entering the kingdom of heaven?
- 13:38 – When Jesus tells the disciples to eat the bread and drink the wine, he’s just talking directly to them. Where in the bible does it say those items are supposed to be distributed to the people?
- 17:24 – What does God mean when he says we need to pick up our cross?
- 23:45 – I have a friend who claims she went to hell and while there, she was tormented by demons. What does the Catholic church say about life after death experiences?
- 35:43 – Will my mom still be saved if she used to be Catholic but she’s now protestant?
- 46:03 – Is water baptism necessary for salvation?
- 51:15 – The bible says that when Jesus died on the cross, people were risen into heaven. Were any of the people that died before Jesus taken into heaven?
So honored to be the speaker for the Spirit Catholic Radio Celebration in Omaha Nebraska February 12. These folks have done a remarkable job over the last years to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ and his Church across the Midwest.
My topic will be “Swimming Upstream, Living a Catholic Life in a Pagan World”. We can no longer “go with the flow” and still be faithful Catholics. We have to say, enough is enough, and begin swimming against the flow and working to reclaim sanity and truth and life in our country.
Jesus said we are in the world, but not of the world. We will take time to look at the first Christians and how this despised band of simple people turned the world upside for Jesus Christ in 300 short years, transforming the Roman Empire into a Christians society.
Hope you can join us!!
Israel has finally opened its borders for pilgrims and tourists. We are excited!
You can read Thursday’s announcement (1/6/22) about the opening HERE. It was posted by the Israeli news outlet Haaretz with the headline “Israel to lift covid travel restrictions on all countries from midnight”.
After almost two years of closures, we can now fulfill our six upcoming trips to Israel. April is already sold out! May still has seats available.
Check out our upcoming pilgrimages at www. FootprintsOfGod.com or click here.
Our brand new buses are ready for you and the team is rested and excited to go!
Join us before the crowds start coming back
I am not a devotee of the Latin Mass, though we have frequently attended and found the people loyal to this form of the Mass
It was a fun show with one of my favorite topics – how Jesus is found everywhere in the Old Testament. He is the New
Today we visited the Aztec Temple in Mexico City. The cathedral of Mexico City was built right next to the 500-year temple. I did a