It was a lively show with a lot of good questions and discussion. Not only is the Mass A sacrifice, it is THE sacrifice! Enjoy the conversation.
(We started the first few minutes talking about the situation in Israel and our upcoming pilgrimages.)
- What did the Fathers of the Church teach from the first century? And, why is Jimmy Swaggart wrong?
- How is space and time like a bubble and the sacrifice of Jesus an eternal event made present again at each Mass?
- 17:13 – What am I sacrificing while I’m at mass?
- 23:21 – Do we keep Jesus on the cross because he’s sacrificed for the sin of the past, present and future?
- 32:09 – When exactly does the sacrifice occur during the Mass?
- 35:12 – Does the Todah suggest that he had to institute the eucharist in order to fulfill the scripture?
- 42:13 – Three of my protestant friends converted to Catholicism thanks to Steve’s visit to Salem, OR.
- 44:04 – Why is it so important to determine that the mass is a sacrifice? Are we witnessing a miracle at every mass?
- 48:16 – I truly believe that it is a sacrifice. My husband is a deacon and a mystic and has encountered this sacrifice in a real way.
- 51:48 – Is the physical presence of Jesus actually present in the eucharist?